If you want to up your game as a travel hacker, the PointsU Miles & Points Conference is one event you shouldn’t miss. This is where you get to mingle with the who’s who in the Canadian miles and points industry, and get the lowdown on the savviest ways of accumulating rewards. I just bought a ticket and will be attending the conference in Calgary on November 3-4, 2017.
Unlike the previous 2 PointsU sessions, this event is designed to be more interactive and will be held at the In-Terminal Marriott at YYC.
Below are some highlights of the features and benefits you can expect from attending:
- There’ll be a roundtable discussion looking at the various credit cards that are accessible to Canadians with a view of understanding which programs are most suitable for an individual based on their unique goals. The discussion will also explore the future of Canadian credit cards and what consumers should expect.
- All the major hotel loyalty programs will be studied, delving into the key benefits of each program including elements such as how to easily obtain status.
- Aeroplan, one of Canada’s best-known air travel reward programs will be examined, as well as how to take maximum advantage of their rewards. During the roundtable, you can expect to see live demonstrations of how to plan your travel itinerary based on your points balance.
- There will be experts on hand to show you how to create an award search including a lesson on the tools and methods they use for successful outcomes. The idea is to help you recreate your own searches in the future.
- A discussion on manufacturing spend that will go back into history to examine some of the best opportunities Canadians have had to manufacture spend. The host will also be analyzing which MS opportunities are available at the moment, and how you can utilize them going forward.
- Major credit card companies like AMEX, Scotiabank, BMO and Royal Bank will form a panel to examine what the future of loyalty programs in Canada will look like, including what interesting offers Canadians can expect to see going forward.
Needless to say, there will be some great speakers, literally all the key Canadian Travel Hackers and of course boundless opportunities to network.
The PointsU conference will cost $199. This includes breakfast and lunch as well as the evening reception the day of the conference – all hosted by the Marriott.
BONUS: Enter promotional code “YYC20” at checkout to save $20 off bringing the total down to $179! The code is valid until October 29, 2017 at 11:59pm MST.
If last year is anything to go by then attendants are in for some exciting prizes. Last time the giveaways included 25,000 SPG points, 10,000 SPG points and 15,000 Aeroplan miles.
There will also be contests such as a win an all-expenses-paid breakfast with the blogger or influencer of your choice, where you can ask any question related to travel hacking.
For more details you can go to http://www.pointsu.ca/